Someone asked me what I learned....
1. That I don't need a half hour to warm up before a workout. One time we literally had 5 minutes to get our shoes on, tape up, and go. No rolling, no stretching.... just 3.2.1.Go! And, I learned that I can workout just as well.
2. I may be 43 years old on paper, but I learned that age really doesn't matter in the sport of CrossFit. The majority of the women at the camp were under 30, and I held my own against these amazing athletes.
3. You can do anything if you set your mind to it. Friday night we lifted, heavy. It had been my second heavy lifting session that day. And, I hit a new personal record Clean & Jerk. The crazy thing is that I actually threw up all day Thursday. I ate something Wednesday that didn't agree and spent Thursday not feeling well at all. I hadn't eaten much in 24 hours. But I was told to load the bar to 165# and lift it. So I did. It didn't matter that I hadn't eaten, had puked the day before, went to bed late, etc. If you set your mind to it, you can achieve it.
4. That I should ALWAYS dress in layers. There was no heat at the host gym for the camp.... and when I started the workout on Saturday, I literally could not feel my feet. Thrusters + Burpee Box jumps + Numb Feet = fun times. :)
5. Lastly, I learned that I really enjoy competition. Even though I get really nervous, I love the challenge and the chance to prove I can do it.
With that, bring on the Open! 21 days and counting.....
PS: I hit a new personal record for unbroken toes to bar.... 23. Check it out.